How to buy a property in Portugal
Your deal should be safe and easy
Purchasing a property is one of life's biggest investments, it does not have to be complicated and risky, provide you have the correct information and professional people to deal with the paperwork of the buying procedure.
To buy a property in Portugal you don't need to learn portuguese, but it maybe useful to know the name of the important documents and taxes.
- Certidão de Teor.
- Caderneta Predial.
- 1. Use a government licensed Estate Agent like Algarve Property Online agents.
- 2. Non-Residents, and Fiscal Representation.
- 3. Reservation Deal, to take the property off the market.
- 4. Collect all the documentation.
- 5. Promissory Contract, buyer and seller agree on the deal.
- 6. The property transfer tax should be paid.
- 7. Final Deed signed at the Notary’s
- 8. Registration in your name.
Owning a property in Portugal using an Corporate Ownership.